Home >> Forums >> Citizen General Discussion >> Counter-mass Generators?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Josheua Josheua 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of RedWolf
    RedWolf

Hey gents.

Was just looking to see if I could get a short explanation of how the counter-mass generators/compensators work in setting. I know that CoM isn’t hard sci-fi, and I’m totally fine waiving physics. I’d just like something basic. Does it create a gravity wave within the crew habitation areas to cancel out the effects of acceleration on the crew?

Thanks!

Profile photo of Josheua
    Josheua
    Keymaster

Hey RedWolf. Sorry for the late reply. I decided to take your question and finally post an article about it. You can view the work in progress at our Artifical Gravity Technology page. Hopefully it will start answering some of your questions. If you have more, feel free to ask them here and I will update the article to clarify your comments/concerns.

Thanks for the interest!

Josh

Profile photo of RedWolf
    RedWolf

Above and beyond, thanks mate!

Profile photo of Josheua
    Josheua
    Keymaster

That is what am here for! I’ll keep updating it. Like I said, feel free to ask questions if you have any. 

Profile photo of RedWolf
    RedWolf

OK, here’s a question.

If a ship uses GRADAR as its primary sensors, but also has gravitic shields, would the shields cause interference for GRADAR? Could be an interesting dynamic that the more power you push to shields, the worse your sensor imagery becomes.

Profile photo of Josheua
    Josheua
    Keymaster

There actually are some sensory concerns/degradation with GRADAR and shields being up. I intended to capture that content in the GRADAR article once I post it, but you are moving in the right direction. Fortunately for starships, LIDAR, RADAR, and other systems can supplement GRADAR which is primarily a long range sensor. 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.