Home >> Forums >> Canon Submissions >> Edentian Empire

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Alluvion Alluvion 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Cam
    Cam

The Edentian Empire is a small and secluded collection of planets dedicated to academics, art, and scientific achievement. They mix both ancient life and modern technology, to the praise of some, and the derision of others. Their seclusion has allowed them to go on with life in peace, nearly untouched by the political strife and conflict of the rest of the colonies and star nations. However, this has also led to a lack of influence on the galactic political stage, as well as military weakness. As such, the government is constantly rushing to maintain a military edge, relying more on discipline, tactics, technology, and above all, diplomacy.

But the main purpose of the Empire is to advance the human race through knowledge and science, hoping one day to re-create the Garden of Eden. A world free from pain, disease, death, and suffering; a true and pure utopia. For now though, works such as the Library of New Eden and the Vestian Gallery remain the pride of the Empire, and they are constantly attempting to push the boundaries of science, in an ongoing effort to further the human race.

(I realize the Cartography section is incomplete. I was advised to wait on finalizing this as there were upcoming changes to the universe map. I do have the cartography section planned out though with a defined location – I simply decided to hold off putting it on the page.)

Profile photo of Josheua
    Josheua
    Keymaster

Just some quick feedback. Take a look at this page.

You’re current version has too many termini worlds (should be 1) given its single sphere status. Hope that helps! I will still put it up for vote though pending that change.

Profile photo of Josheua
    Josheua
    Keymaster

Some additional feedback. The idea of the Imperial Navy – while interesting – doesn’t quite seem logical in my mind from at least one standpoint. The idea of having a navy existent on your worlds as part of its defensive structure isn’t a bad idea. However, the idea of starships “dropping ships” onto planets seems a bit far fetched. It also seems to be a waste of resources. It might be easier to do things a bit different with the Caelumea serving that role if the Empire was attacking someone. The Navy instead serving a more defensive role.

Profile photo of Cam
    Cam

Alright. Yeah that was just my attempt at trying something different. I’ve noticed a lack of actual waterborne navies in sci-fi universes like this. It did seem a bit out there to me as well.

Profile photo of Alluvion
    Alluvion

I like how it’s going so far, though I think at some point we need to sit down and work out the full extent of the Ionian – Edentian relations as well as where they’re placed on the map, so that history, politics, etc becomes a lot more free flowing with the knowledge of where peoples borders are, etc, etc. But, nevertheless man it’s coming along nicely. I personally think the layout could do with a bit of tidying up, but that’s just me being OCD xD Good job so far!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.