Home >> Forums >> And Welcome to the Verse >> Introduce yourselves!

This topic contains 54 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Pharthan Pharthan 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Pharthan
    Pharthan

Welcome Andrew! Glad to have you! You might be pleased to know that when it comes to space combat we’re going for a more cinematic feel than precision and math with distances.

Profile photo of Josheua
    Josheua
    Keymaster

Welcome Andrew and Nycarae! If you guys have any questions, please let me know. 

Profile photo of Romulus
    Romulus
    Participant

Hello, all. I kinda got drafted into this from a site called Nationstates. I see a lot of people are from Deviantart, so hi to you, strangers.

It’s been a little bit since I’ve done anything SciFi, but I can get back into it easily enough. I think I could have some fun here.

Profile photo of Josheua
    Josheua
    Keymaster

We hope you do! I know we already said hi on Discord but it is great to see you here. Welcome to CoM and I look forward to seeing what you put together. 

Profile photo of Cambrius
    Cambrius
    Participant

Heya, folks!

I was also tapped on NationStates by Pharthan, with whom I’ve interacted for a couple of years now. My primary project on here right now is a star nation called Persica; I’ve been world-building different stuff for NationStates, Malifaux, Dystopian Wars, and Warhammer 40K for almost a decade now. This site looks like a great place to consolidate all my work and collaborate in an effort to contribute to the ambitious endeavours herein.

Pharthan

Hey Cambrius!
    Glad to see you decided to join us (I’m Pharthan). Feel free to carry over previous ideas you have for star nations/NS nations, and if you have any questions, you can ask us on Discord. I’m glad to be working with you here as well and I’m more than interested to see what you come up with.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hello everyone!

I’ve known Pharthan from NationStates, where I currently do most of my roleplaying. I am however gonna do a stint in this roleplaying forum, see if it offers me nice opportunities for good roleplaying. My main nation is the United Human Republic, a nation founded 2,018 years ago (deeper lore to come) by 1,950 colonists from an Earth that had been destroyed (and along with it, those who weren’t part of the colonists). The origins of my nation are inspired by a game called Seedship.

I must ask, is there a common lore which all players ought to follow?

Profile photo of Josheua
    Josheua
    Keymaster

Hey Not An Alien.

First off, welcome to CoM and we hope you enjoy your time here!

CoM is like and not like nation states in a lot of ways. We absolutely do promote world building and writing as well as the community, so feel free to post your ideas.

A good place to start with getting to know the universe is on our help page which you can find below.

Help Page

From there you can read some of the main pages and get a sense of what is going on in the universe and when.

Again welcome, and consider joining us on Discord if you haven’t already!

-Josh

Profile photo of Nolan
    Nolan
    Participant

Arkadas’sim Not An Alien merhabaan!

A warm welcome to you! Just as Josh said, we’re set apart from Nation States in a lot of ways but I think you’ll have a blast if you’ve got a hunger to build a new world. If the Help Page doesn’t sate any desire for direction or advice, don’t hesitate to talk to one of us! While the Messages system works, Discord would be the fastest way to do get in touch.

I look forward to seeing your work! Here’s to hoping your stay is long and your experience overwhelmingly enjoyable.

-Nolan

Pharthan

Hey Not An Alien!

Good to see you here as well. (Who are you on NS? I invited like a half dozen or so people so it’s hard to keep track)

I look forward to see what you come up with. You’re welcome to use stuff from your previous NS Nations, so long as it doesn’t involve anything copyright – NS isn’t as stringent as we are. 

Unlike NS, we’re dealing with an entire galaxy, so it can make sense to have everyone following a common lore.  Another useful link, in addition to the one Josh gave, would be our timeline page. Think of us right now being one single region in NS – the Year 3418 Milky Way Region.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

As of late, I am Palmyrion in NS.

Can I take the honor of being the first star-nation to be established on Andromeda?

Profile photo of Merrion
    Merrion
    Participant

I’m “Not An Alien”. I deleted that account upon realizing that not only is the name suckish, but also impractical to actually pronounce, so I switched it over with an account that bears the “nickname” of my nation in NS (Palmyrion, “Merrion” being the nickname).

Can I take the honor of having the first star-nation to be established on Andromeda?

Pharthan

As of right now, we’re isolating our star nations to the Milky-way galaxy. Present FTL is a bit slow – you’d not have even reached Andromeda as of yet. If we start booming and need to expand outside of the Milky-Way, we’ll probably go to the Anti-Center Shell (“Snickers Galaxy”) first, then onto Andromeda. 

As of right now, we haven’t even filled up the Orion Spur.

Profile photo of Merrion
    Merrion
    Participant

It good Pharthan.

All I need to think of is a backstory for my starnation.

Pharthan

If you want any help, I’m more than willing to.
    Feel free to chat us up on the discord, it’ll be easier to give fast answers.

https://discordapp.com/invite/3SUAG83

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.