Home >> Forums >> Canon Submissions >> Canonized Nation Post Archive

This topic contains 23 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Nolan
    Nolan
    Participant

Banner of the Empire

Gaenna affet sakanaiit bishi. –Common Gaennai Proverb

The Empire of Gaennan (Gaennai: Imbaat a’Gaennan) is an absolute monarchy supported by nine noble houses (Gaennai: shiriid asiliin) that have united under the Imperial Gaennai Banner. Despite the nation’s moderate age, the Gaennai are just now making their mark on the galaxy. Their dark and violent past has hindered their growth considerably, and while there are tough economic sanctions placed upon them for their transgressions, the empire is growing rapidly in comparison to those of equal age.

Currently unallied to anyone, the newest padikha of the empire, Padikhaan Khatiija Barasan, has decided to keep a wary eye on those international events unfolding, electing to remain neutral until there is certainty in the realms of Human Space. She has made a solemn vow that, so long as the Shroud of Gaennait’s sole sphere of influenceremains free of unwelcome guests, Her people will remain uninvolved in any sides that may arise from the growing turbulence around them.

Continue the Gaennai Government Page reading here!

Profile photo of Guillaume
    Dornkirk
    Participant

I approve!

You are making an amazing work. Your nation is very original and coherent. 🙂

Profile photo of Nolan
    Nolan
    Participant

Thanks, man!

Profile photo of Josh
    Josh
    Participant

The Ionian League

The Ionian League is a small but hardy Star-Nation found in the reaches of the Periphery of the Eastward Rim. With a history of strife and conflict, and with the constantly shifting political climate of the Ionian Star Cluster, the Ionian League have been forged into a stalwart and steadfast nation; not quick to back down, and even less so to surrender.

In recent years, the Ionian League have made strides economically and socially; joining the Peripherian League in 3401 and further establishing their trade routes across the Eastward Rim and beyond. Despite this however, the threat of war looms over the heads of the Ionian League as forces from the west look ever eastward with a lust for expansion, and the Pagatharan League of the north look to completely obliterate their centuries old rival. 

Neigh is the time for the Sword and Axe.

Profile photo of Josheua
    Josheua
    Keymaster

Ionian League Pages up for Canonization: 

Main Page

Other linked pages will remain non-canon until complete. 

Profile photo of Nolan
    Nolan
    Participant

I think that, if the Ionian League is going to have some 22 planets, they’ll need their own 100ly sphere. Yeah we’ve got a wealth of habitable worlds, but that doesn’t mean they’d be so clustered together. If the Ionian League is going to be a smaller nation in the Periphery, I think that 22 worlds is high. Even if you were to split them up between the Trillians and the Paggies, it’d be a bit much. I just don’t know how many would be ok.

If there’s a new sphere to me made, though, I don’t think it’d be a problem.

Profile photo of Josh
    Josh
    Participant

Yeah, that’s a problem I’ve encountered. There’s a lot I want to do with the Ionian League, though it’s encountering a lot of growing pains. The problem I keep running into is that with the stuff I plan on doing, it needs to be situated roughly where it is atm, though there’s no space unless a sphere – or a few spheres can be thrown in there, or a few lesser spheres or something along those lines.

Profile photo of Hydrofoil
    Hydrofoil
    Keymaster

The United Star Commonwealth

The United Star Commonwealth is a rising star in the west, socially and industrially progressive, the Commonwealth has set its sights on becoming a major player on the galactic scene and to push the boundaries of unknown space further expanding humanities reach into the stars. Peaceful but not afraid to defend itself to the last.

The Commonwealth has a choice. To work with those around it for the betterment of mankind or to push its borders outwards in an attempt to make an economic powerhouse to rival that of the central worlds of the Alliance. Eitherway the Commonwealth is set to burst onto the international stage and make waves as it looks out for Allies and Enemies out in the void.

Do not go gentle into that good night 

Cannon Submission: Main Page

Profile photo of Cam
    Cam
    Participant

The Edentian Empire is a small and secluded collection of planets dedicated to academics, art, and scientific achievement. They mix both ancient life and modern technology, to the praise of some, and the derision of others. Their seclusion has allowed them to go on with life in peace, nearly untouched by the political strife and conflict of the rest of the colonies and star nations. However, this has also led to a lack of influence on the galactic political stage, as well as military weakness. As such, the government is constantly rushing to maintain a military edge, relying more on discipline, tactics, technology, and above all, diplomacy.

But the main purpose of the Empire is to advance the human race through knowledge and science, hoping one day to re-create the Garden of Eden. A world free from pain, disease, death, and suffering; a true and pure utopia. For now though, works such as the Library of New Eden and the Vestian Gallery remain the pride of the Empire, and they are constantly attempting to push the boundaries of science, in an ongoing effort to further the human race.

(I realize the Cartography section is incomplete. I was advised to wait on finalizing this as there were upcoming changes to the universe map. I do have the cartography section planned out though with a defined location – I simply decided to hold off putting it on the page.)

Profile photo of Sam Warren
    Flashpoint134
    Participant

Might as well take a chance.

The Astraus Imperium is a nation of peace loving people that develop biotech and nanotech solutions to many problems. As a nation, they are ruled by the Imperial Family, and as such have great loyalty to the nation and its people.

Separated into a difficult to understand Class system the Imperium rewards strength and service in the nation, and see a somewhat meritocratic type of society with waste and failure being the worst things in society. As such the Imperium has one of the Largest militaries for a nation of its size, yet rarely uses it in a first strike, preferring to seek peaceful solutions to problems, as US president Theodore Roosevelt said: “Speak Softly, but carry a big stick.” 

Many of the People in the Imperium that seek service outside of the nation act as humanitarians and peacekeepers supported by the Nanotech and Biotech the Imperium is known for.

Profile photo of Josheua
    Josheua
    Keymaster

Just some quick feedback. Take a look at this page.

You’re current version has too many termini worlds (should be 1) given its single sphere status. Hope that helps! I will still put it up for vote though pending that change.

Profile photo of Josheua
    Josheua
    Keymaster

Some additional feedback. The idea of the Imperial Navy – while interesting – doesn’t quite seem logical in my mind from at least one standpoint. The idea of having a navy existent on your worlds as part of its defensive structure isn’t a bad idea. However, the idea of starships “dropping ships” onto planets seems a bit far fetched. It also seems to be a waste of resources. It might be easier to do things a bit different with the Caelumea serving that role if the Empire was attacking someone. The Navy instead serving a more defensive role.

Profile photo of Cam
    Cam
    Participant

Alright. Yeah that was just my attempt at trying something different. I’ve noticed a lack of actual waterborne navies in sci-fi universes like this. It did seem a bit out there to me as well.

Profile photo of Josh
    Josh
    Participant

I like how it’s going so far, though I think at some point we need to sit down and work out the full extent of the Ionian – Edentian relations as well as where they’re placed on the map, so that history, politics, etc becomes a lot more free flowing with the knowledge of where peoples borders are, etc, etc. But, nevertheless man it’s coming along nicely. I personally think the layout could do with a bit of tidying up, but that’s just me being OCD xD Good job so far!

Profile photo of Sam Warren
    Flashpoint134
    Participant

REBRANDED

The Astraus Federation is a small somewhat militaristic nation on the borders of the People’s Coalition and theAlltaari Democratic Confederacy. The Federation maintains a steady alliance with Neighbours to the north, but at the same time being on the forefront of a war with the nearby People’s Coalition. The Federation is constantly in a state of emergency and maintains the ability to support itself for many years. The Federation as a whole are the masters of entertainment, and their prosperous electronics technology exportation system has given their worlds many of its most glorious and extravagant sights. Many of its Worlds are surrounded by Military Stations, and the Major stations of the Federation are dedicated mostly to Defence rather than trade or support of the in Federation in mass scale. This is due in some part to the fact that until recently the Federation closed its borders to trade and tourism from external sources.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Canonized Nation Post Archive’ is closed to new replies.