Home >> Forums >> Citizen General Discussion >> Who wants to Win A Navy? Round Two!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Darren Darren 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Pharthan
    Pharthan

WHO WANTS TO WIN A NAVY?

We announced at a recent Fireside Chat that we were going to be giving away warship sets. These sets were ones that we, the Creators and/or Founders had discarded for a variety of reasons. Some were no longer up to our standards of artistry, others simply didnt fit our style anymore. 

We decided that these were best not left to rot for all eternity – after all, many of our users are doing great work, but may not have artistic skill of their own to make ships. Unfortunately, many of our artists do not have time to do commissions for others, try as we might. So why not refit our old designs so that you can use them?

As a (new) General Rule, we’ll require at least 3 Applicants before we can give away the ships. While I aim to release this set on December 9th, it may have to wait a little longer.

WE HAVE SOME GROUND RULES.

1. YOU CAN ONLY BE IN ON THE RAFFLE IF YOU POST THAT YOU DESIRE TO BE, AND IN THIS THREAD. You have until the next fireside chat, or the fireside chat in which this set is released.
    2. You must have a Nation or Organization that can reasonably use the ships at the time of submission. Post which nation/organization you are applying with.  The group must be relatively close to being ready for canon submission at the time of application, or be canon already.  If you have questions as to whether your group is applicable, ask myself or Josh.
    3. All modifications other than coloring must go through the original artist, or one of the Creators or Founders. This is not just because it is originally our art – we want to prevent kitbashing “mishaps.”
    4. Do not expect to have your line of ships completed by the artist, should you feel you need a cruiser, frigate, or destroyer to go along with your line. Feel free to attempt the style on your own. We are willing to help with this! (By giving advice, ideas, and guides, not necessarily doing the artwork).
    5. Give credit where credit is due. We’re giving you the ships, but we still spent hours upon hours on each one.  
    6. Build backstory for the ships in some fashion. At least stats.
    7. If there is a ship of the set you do not wish to use, make sure we are aware so we can put it up for grabs as well.
    8. If you have considerable artistic skill of your own, we do ask that you do not put your name in the running.
    9. You may have to change original specifications to meet the new specifications of the shipbuilder. If you need more firepower, we advise you use forward-facing weapon-mounts (i.e. axials, missiles) to help the balance.

If you fail to come through on your end of the bargain, we reserve the right to pull the ships and redistribute them!

SET TWO:

THE (OLD) VERIDIAN SHIPS

Be aware that these ships may not be the same classification they once were.

CRUISER

DESTROYER

Post if you want in on the raffle!

Profile photo of Timothy Bucklin
    Sable
    Participant

Both these would fit well with Ibri style, I’ll jump on this raffle. 

Profile photo of Hydrofoil
    Hydrofoil
    Participant

I would love these ships they fit very quickly with USC aesthetics 

Profile photo of Darren
    Darren
    Participant

I would be like to join the Elthari Union into this competition.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Who wants to Win A Navy? Round Two!’ is closed to new replies.