This is the history of mankind leading up to year 3405. While not all events are covered, this chronicle marks the key events that shaped mankind’s future in the verse. This article is ever evolving as the histories of the nations, corporations, groups, and people of the Chronicles of Man universe are written down; but at the end of the day it is a tale of humanity as it finds its place among the stars.
All dates given are Standard Earth Calendar.
Table of Contents
- 1 THE 2000s
- 2 THE 2100s
- 3 THE 2200s
- 4 THE 2300s
- 5 THE 2400s
- 6 THE 2500s
- 7 THE 2600s
- 8 THE 2700s
- 9 THE 2800s
- 10 THE 2900s
- 11 THE 3000s
- 12 THE 3100s
- 13 THE 3200s
- 14 THE 3300s
- 15 THE 3400s
The 2000s were the start of mankind’s adventure beyond the orbit of their blue planet. Starting in 2032 with the first manned mission to Mars, mankind began the slow process of exploring our solar system and making a place among the stars. By the 2070s, with rising sea levels due to global warming and an increased strain on resources as the population continued to expand, mankind extended its reach in hopes of a better future by establishing a permanent human presence on Mars. On earth, 2086 saw the emergence of a stronger United Nations under the second UN charter. The European Union was also strengthened, unifying the militaries of the European states under a single banner as well as standardizing currencies once and for all with a resurgent Euro. These changes paved the way for large-scale governments spanning the stars with tenants and lessons that would guide the future leadership of humanity’s interstellar nations.
In 2082, Mankind visited Jupiter and discovered they were not alone in the cosmos. The Io Megalith was an amazing discovery that shook the foundation of human assumptions about our place in the stars, but by the time we returned in 2085 to study it, the object had vanished into the stars never to be seen again. In 2090 humanity established a permanent presence in the Jovian system – many with hopes of finding other alien artifacts – and founded our first major space station beyond the asteroid belt – Jupiter Anchorage. By the close of the 21st century, the first human being was born on mars who would live and die without ever seeing their home world.
COLONIZING OUR SOLAR SYSTEM
- December 27 2032 – Under a joint NASA, ESA, and Roscosmos initiative, Venture I arrives in orbit of Mars completing two-month journey to the red planet. From the Mars Landing Vehicle, Commander Jeanine Osborne steps out onto the surface of the red planet to become the first human to set foot on another world. The team establishes Arcadia, the first habitat designed for permanent human occupation on the surface of another world. It will become a base for scientific research for extended crew stay.
- April 2044 – The Roscosmos I arrives and docks with the Venture I for permanent operations in orbit of Mars – the two ships together become Mars Orbital 1. Nuclear propulsion units are repurposed for use on Mars, and Venture II and Venture III begin a regular interval trips to swap out crews and bring supplies for the colony.
- June 2044 – The United Nations establishes the United Nations Space Agency (UNSA) to explore the viability of permanent settlement of the solar system.
- September 2045 – The European Union consolidates military, economic, and regional power under the European Senate, a new legislative body of the European Union and part of a more comprehensive reform for greater unification. The first President of this new European Union is elected on a platform of sweeping reforms and a push to green industry in the greater EU.
- May 2066 – NASA and the ESA begin construction on Lunar 1 base. In the same months, formal deliberation close at the UN and the moon and asteroid belts are opened up for economic expansion. Low-cost commercial launches allow for the construction of lunar processing facilities and orbital facilities for processing raw materials. Mars Orbital 1 is also modified to support processing asteroid based raw materials for martian expansion. Leading the way in the industrialization of space are recent startups Renaud Corporation and Armstrong Heavy Engineering.
- July 2068 – NASA, ESA, and Roscosmos along with Armstrong Heavy Engineering and Renaud Corporation announce that in 2070 citizen selected from a pool of applicants will be part of the first major colonization effort on Mars and the moon. The ground is broken on privately funded expansions of Arcadia as the construction of Mars One begins in lunar orbit.
A GLOBAL THREAT AND THE RISE OF MARS
- 2070s – In the United States, a formal state of emergency is declared in major coastal states including California, Florida, and New York. With advancing sea level rise, the cities of Miami and New Orleans are evacuated. Parts of Washington D.C. are also evacuated against rising tides. Around the world, other nations cope with the sea levels with cities like Dubai and even London facing major evacuations in the face of advancing sea levels.
- January 2072 – Mars One – after two years of delays – leaves earth with five-hundred colonist aboard. The massive starship – three-hundred meters in length – is the first starship built primarily from materials obtained, fabricated, and assembled off of earth. It is the next major step in the one-hundred year starship project originally postulated by DARPA and Ames Research Center.
- April 2072 – Mars One arrives in Martian orbit, docking at Mars Orbital 1 as a permanent expansion of the original station. Colonist begin arriving at Arcadia over the next two weeks. Continued expansion on the colony begins to make way follow-on colonization efforts. Future colony ships will be used to expand Mars Orbital 1 and establish Mars Orbital 2.
THE BRIDGE TO THE STARS
- 2080s – As part of an economic effort to revitalize a turbulent economy, world governments band together to finance the construction of space elevators, hoping to open the door to space. The first space elevator site is selected as Kampala, Uganda on the shores of Lake Victoria. The site is selected due to its stable geography and hydrology, with many ocean side sites considered but rejected due to the still rising tides.
THE IO MEGALITH
- May 2083 – Hermes I arrives in the Jovian system. Exploration modules are deployed to Europa and Io. On Io, the crew of the Hermes discovered a massive object. Dubbed the Io Megalith, the alien object was a spire of perfectly smooth, reflective black material that twists in an intricate pattern to its peak. Scientist studied the object for a month gathering no useful data before leaving monitors and probes to track the object after their departure. The object is kept secret at the highest levels of government.
- April 2085 – With the continuing crisis, the United States, European Union, China, Russia, and other major world powers agree to coordinated cooperation fighting back the literal tide of global warming. The United Nations is re-established under a second charter, forming an organized world government with a focus on dealing with the food crisis and land crisis as millions are displaced by the rising sea levels. In the charter, the foundations of the first interstellar government are laid with a clear relationship established between Earth and the Martian colony at Arcadia.
- September 2090 – The Hermes II arrives in orbit of Io. After a dedicated search, they are unable to locate the Io Megalith. The object has vanished. Additionally, the probes meant to monitor the object have been sabotaged, transmitting false data streams in the years since the discovery.
- June 2092 – Mars orbital infrastructure expands with Mars Orbital 3 coming online. Mars is now the premier industrial center outside of earth orbit, providing goods and supplies to the expanding Arcadia colony and the two new homesteads – Ithaca and Marston. Additionally, Mars’ first home built starship – the Hephaestus – is built at Arcadia Planitia shipyards. The industrial ship sets out into the asteroid belt to begin a one year mission of prospecting and asteroid cracking.
- First Human Off-Earth Colony – Arcadia Planitia, Mars
- Discovery of the Io Megalith
The 2100s saw the expansion of the Martian colonies. With Arcadia, Ithaca, and Marston continuing to grow, the combined human population on Mars had grown to over two million by the turn of the century. Investment by dozens of industrial firms and corporations continued to fund the expansion of Mars’ infrastructure. By the late 2100s, Mars’ population had swollen to forty million and its industrial power rivaled even Earth.
On Earth, sea level rise and global drought had finally been arrested. Many major cities had been dramatically altered and coastlines changed irrevocably, but the earth has united in a dramatic way. The expanded United Nations had established a number of measures to aid refugees in the most hard-hit regions, and many of the failed governments and military states had been either forced to abdicate in order to receive assistance or have reformed under democratic constitutions. Only Russia, China, and the Middle East Coalition avoid formal integration into the world government.
The birth of the martian federation in the mid-century saw its rapid rise to power. Already a centerpiece to the development and construction of starships, they quickly established a space navy capable of defending against the militarization of Earth’s fleet. Additionally, rapid expansion on Mars fueled by a huge influx of people helped establish a place as a superpower for the red planet. By the end of the century, tensions between Mars and the homeworld rose to extremely high levels with shots being fired on both sides. With the outbreak of war in 2182, the two super-powers decimated one another in a brutal conflict that claimed billions of lives. However, out of the ashes a renewed awareness of the fragility of humanity gave way to a massive effort to colonize the stars.
Following the war efforts to expand our understanding of the universe around us resumed. One of the major breakthroughs was the successful test of the first faster than light ship. On October 24, 2186 the Hawking piloted by United Nations Captain Jordan Kirkwall and Mars Commander Hiro Motomoya broke the light speed barrier and traveled nearly on eight of a light year out and back over four days. The break through was heralded as the most significant discovery for humanity, and paved the way for the exploration and settlement of the stars.
RISE OF MARS AND THE GROWING SPACE RACE
- A Growing Red Planet, June 2100 – Mars continues to expand its infrastructure. Arcadia Planitia shipyards produceuces dozens of ships per year and industrial efforts in the asteroid belt and around the jovian moves continues to expand.
- The Dark Side of Space Travel, April 2115 – The first recorded act of piracy occurs when an unknown ship based in the asteroid belt murders the crew of the Jovial Burden en route from Mars to Earth. In the coming months, additional acts of piracy will force the United Nations and the Martian Colonies to begin weaponizing starships to deal with a exploding piracy threat in the solar system.
- Birth of a Visionary, June 2122 – Koji Katsumi is born in Tokyo, Japan.
- Founding the Martian Federation, December 27 2159 – Arcadia and the other Martian colonies found the Mars Federation, establishing the first government beyond earth. Despite protest from the ESA, NASA, and Roscosmos, the colony formally rejects any ties to the organizations which help found it, taking control of Mars Orbital 1 and Mars Orbital 2. Many consider this key event as the beginning of mankind’s interstellar era.
- Discovery of Dark Matter, June 2169 – Koji Katsumi’s team of scientist at the Kyoto Large Collider harness the first strings of dark matter and dark energy. Initial observations lead to postulations of its uses, including in the creation of exotic matter for use in the postulated Alcubierre Drive.
THE FIRST STELLAR WAR
- First Shots Fired, May 2182 – The Martian cruiser Jeanine Osborne fires on the United Nations frigate Copernicus after Copernicus‘ marines forced their way onto the Martian industrial ship Marston’s Pride. Sixty two United Nations sailors are killed in the deadliest space incident to date. In protest, the United Nations closes its embassy doors on Mars and the Martian government members are ordered to leave Earth. Martian and United Nations military forces are on high alert.
- Tensions Escalate, November 2182 – Earth withholds shipments of fresh vegetables and grains to the Martian Federation. In retaliation, Mars withholds shipments of water and industrial materials to earth. United Nations warships are dispatched to force Martian cargo ships holding in the asteroid belt to deliver shipments to earth. The Mars Navy moves to intercept.
- Battle of the Belt, December 2183 – After a month of hard maneuvers, the United Nations and Martian fleets meet. Though heavily out-matched, the Martian forces refuse to allow the United Nations ships to approach the merchant ships. In the first act of what will become known as the First Interstellar War, the United Nations flagship Geneva opens fire on the Martian flagship Jeanine Osborne. Within the next hour, the Martian fleet has been decimated with the United Nations fleet reduced to an eighth of its original strength. Within hours of receiving the images, the Martian president authorizes the use of weaponized asteroids, with multiple building size rocks fired at earth from hidden locations in the asteroid belt.
- Operation Starfall and Operation Red Dawn, October 2183 – After months of travel, Martian asteroids arrive at Earth. With the Earth fleet still hours away, the commanders can only watch as the rocks slam into the planet. Last minute vector changes make determining planetfall locations impossible. The cities of Beijing, Hong Kong, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., London, and Moscow are decimated by the bombardment with numerous other smaller targets hit. Earth retaliates with a strike of interplanetary thermonuclear weapons. While Mars manages to destroy most of the weapons, the homestead of Marston is destroyed by high yield thermonuclear device.
- Cease Fire, December 2183 – With the threat of additional orbital bombardments from Martian asteroid positions and no sign of Mars yielding, the United Nations issues an offer for a cease fire and to meet for negotiations at a neutral location. Mars accepts.
- Lagrange Treaty and the First Human Accords, May 2184– Martian and United Nations representatives meet at a Lagrange point between Earth and Mars. After two weeks of tense negotiations, the Lagrange Treaty is signed. Mars and the United Nations agree to reparations for the conflict. The Human Accords – a subset of the treaty – further outlaw any hostile action against habited planets that could “potentially threaten the planets habitability on a global scale.” This accord become the framework for the future Gaia Accords, establishing a framework for acceptable military action against a habitable world.
DISCOVERY OF FASTER THAN LIGHT TRAVEL
- Launch of the Hawking, July 2185– Originally funded by a military contract and later by industrial companies, Koji Katsumi – now 63 – finishes construction on the first starship powered by his theoretical Mass Altering Gravity (MAG) drive. The demure Hawking begins a journey to the edge of the solar system with pilots Jordan Kirk and Hiro Motomoya onboard.
- Breaking the Light Speed Barrier, October 24, 2186– After over a year of flight, the Hawking arrives beyond Neptune’s orbit. The ship’s experimental dark matter reactor is powered on for the first time and its star drive engaged. The ship vanishes from the solar system. Ninety-six hours later the ship re-appears on the edge of Jupiter’s orbit, having been forced out of FTL by design features. The ship has traveled an eighth of a light year out and back in the four day period, exceeding the original calculations of Koji Katsumi. It is heralded by United Nations politicians as the “biggest breakthrough for humanity since the wheel.”
- Testing the Limits, June 2193– Continued testing with the Hawking and the larger, second prototype – the Newton – reveals a number of key aspects of the new MAG drive technology. Near FTL speeds within star systems are possible using the drive in a mode quickly termed – colloquially – as “boost.” This technology turns month long journeys throughout the solar system into hours long trips, radically altering the dynamic of the solar system.
- Our First Steps beyond our Solar System, September 2195– Early development of longer range exploration ships built on the technology pioneered aboard the Hawking and the Newton begins. Around the same time the United Nations and Mars begin joint development of the Eden Array – a massive space telescope intended to conduct a detailed search for habitable worlds that could serve as candidates for future humans colonization.
- The Martian Federation is founded.
- The First Interstellar War takes place
- MAG Drive technology is developed
The 2200s saw the growing cooperation between Mars and the United Nations despite their former hostilities. Recognizing an increasing reliance between the two solar system super powers, the nations’ leaders expanded the economic and political ties between the nations as Earth and Mars move to expand their foothold beyond the asteroid belt. The beginning of the century also saw the birth of a third political power in the solar system – the Jovian League. Formed from the various colonies around Jupiter, Saturn and spread throughout the Asteroid Belt, the new power was peacefully established and recognized by both the Martian and United Nations governments, marking a change in the atmosphere in the solar system since the end of the First Interstellar War.
Mid-century was dominated by the sudden incorporation of the three powers into a single unified government in the form of the Intersystem Alliance made necessary by the economic interdependence of Earth, Mars, and the rest of the Solar System and the initial dependence of newer colonies on these powers. This new government pioneered the Human Continuity Project, a massive effort by humanity to seed hundreds of colonial efforts throughout their corner of the galaxy.
The end of the century saw the launch of dozens of colony ships, with hundreds more under construction around Earth, Mars, and Jupiter. Humanity had truly entered the interstellar age and began the Astrum Diaspora period that would shape the foundation so the geopolitical climate in the next millennium.
FOUNDING OF THE INTERSYSTEM ALLIANCE
- The First Alliance Charter, July 14th, 2258 – In the wake of the First Stellar War, the newly founded colonies of the human race, seeking not to become embroiled further in war, pushed for and readily joined the Sol System in what became known as the Intersystem Alliance. At the time, only a handful of colonies existed outside of Sol, chief among them Alpha Centauri.
DISCOVERY IN THE GALAXY
- First Extrasolar Colony, August 2nd, 2218 – First colony ship arrives at Alpha Centauri-Bb. Terraforming begins within days, though the colonist must continue to reside on their ships for years to come.
- Commissioning the Eden Array, March 4th, 2219 – After years of development, the completion of the Eden Array is announced and humanity begins a renewed, bolstered effort to find habitable stars and chart the cosmos. Deep looks into the cosmos find hundreds of habitable and near habitable worlds with near-earth gravity. The Eden Codex keeps track of these worlds, serving as a guide to the habitable galaxy.
- Planetfall on a New World, A. CENTAURI-Bb, April 1st, 2220 – Completed and launched ahead of schedule and under-budget, the first land-based colony modules arrive at Alpha Centauri-Bb with a new wave of colonists. Colonists begin to move to inhabit ground facilities on the rocky Alpha Centauri-Bb.
- The First Wave, July 16th 2260 – The first wave of the new, massive classes of colony ships are launched from across the solar system, marking the first concerted effort to colonize the stars by all of humanity. Some historians argue this marks the beginning of the Astrum Diaspora, though the lack of continued follow-up following the initial two hundred ships creates a notable difference between the period, and most will not venture out of the Sol Systems’ Sphere of Influence.
- The Intersystem Alliance
- The Human Continuity Project
- First Human colonies outside of the Sol System
- First Human colonies outside of the Sol Region
Following the initial growth spurt of the Intersystem Alliance, during its adolescent days, the organization began it’s teenage, rebellious years. Humanity, not accustomed to governance over peoples so far away without near instantaneous communication (courier-ships being the only logical method of communication across light years), the Intersystem Alliance had troubles accommodating the rapidly growing colonies, or largely paying attention to them at all in terms of politics. Thus began the peaceful political “Protest Wars,” from colonists, either too wise or afraid to attempt a militant uprising against the Sol Powers.
THE ASTRUM DIASPORA
- BEGINNING OF THE ASTRUM DIASPORA, 2350 – As colonies grew, many nearing their centennial, a new wave of colony ships launched not only from the Sol system but from outside of it as well. Coordination of this effort was headed by the Human Continuity Project as a part of their Seed Project. The colonists of these vessels, and their children for generations to come, are separated from Earth by travel-times to far to make communication plausible by nearly any means.
- THE “PROTEST WARS,” May 2320 – Disenfranchised colonists in Delta Pavonis, a planet within the Sol-Region, begin peaceful protests, seeking fair representation. While ending in the deaths of many protestors, it does open the door for fair representation.
- “BIRTH” OF ADITI, October 2380 – Aditi, the first full artificial intelligence with complete sentience and few limitations, is activated. The revolutions pioneered in her development and her own subsequent successes make her framework the standard for all following AI models.ct
During the height of the Astrum Diaspora, hundreds of planets were settled and began rapid development. A large number were garden worlds, while others relied on pre-staged terraforming ships launched earlier. Those worlds needing to be terraformed were often not ready once the colonists arrived and needed final “finishing touches,” from the colonists.
- THE ASTRUM DIASPORA – The 2400’s saw the height of human expansion, known as the Astrum Diaspora, and subsequent establishment of governments beyond the Sol Region. While many chose to stay in the Intersystem Alliance, those further out from Intersystem Alliance control often found themselves without access to communicating with their parent-planets, and so established their own local governments, within the system or region. Most were utterly isolated, with little ability to leave or communicate outside of whichever planet they settled.
At the turn of the 2500s, the Human Continuity Project unveiled a standardized, newer line of colony ship design, and called upon the human systems to begin their construction and launch, having outlined a well organized plan as a part of a new Deep Seed project, aiming to project the power even further. Some systems fought over which nearby human-habitable worlds they would be allowed to colonize, and the Intersystem Alliance Navy had to intervene on occasion to ensure compliance, should the planets choose to take part, to ensure no planet deviated from the laid-out colonization plan. In the political turmoil caused by the political and power implications of the Deep Seed Project, the Alliance began attempting to stop the Deep Seed Project from commencing, though internal political debate halted most action on this, with politicians desiring control and order, with the Human Continuity Project vying for spreading the human race far and wide.
With communications between the outer colonies taking years, sometimes decades, via faster-than-light couriers, the Intersystem Alliance is unable to properly communicate it’s outer regions, let alone govern them. Many systems have developed enough infrastructure to begin their own colonization of their regions. Hundreds of nations began to pop up, and small regional wars began as colonies fought over garden-worlds, while others formed alliances. The first notable of these to succeed and conquer entire regions were the Bravian Commonwealth and the Akrian Hegemony.
- THE ASTRUM DISAPORA – DEEP SEED– The Astrum Disaspora continued on through the 2500s, with the height of the Human Continuity Project entering it’s Deep Seed project. While the growth of new colonies through nearly a full quarter of the galaxy ensured prolonged life of the human race, it also generated just as much political strife. The Intersystem Alliance remained understanding and cordial with many of these groups, though rebellions and revolts did still exist in several regions, and the Intersystem Alliance and other new starnations were forced to intervene.
The previous attempts at seeding the galaxy finally started coming to a head during the 2600s; many of the initial Seed colonies began their own offshoot colonization projects in force, to the point that some even began attempting to colonize other regions to start forming empires. On some occasions, these were intended to take over the Sol Region they’d be “abandoned by” in the decades to come, though none of these plots came to fruition before the Intersystem Alliance made a concerted effort to reconnect.
The late 2600s saw the invention of the device that would allow this to happen. The Counter-Mass Generator, or CMG, enabled far faster speeds; equating to the boost of speed from a ship of sail to a nuclear-powered seagoing vessel. Once again, journeys that previously would have taken years were shortened to weeks or even days; travel between regions would be shorted to a matter of several weeks and months. The Intersystem Alliance almost immediately began engineering ships capable of utilizing this new technology and preparing itself, now having a method of such fast travel, for new allies in the other regions – or new enemies.
- INVENTION OF THE COUNTER-MASS GENERATOR, October 2nd, 2598 – Invented by Johanna Fisher, Native to Gliese, Gliese Hyperphysics Laboratory, the CMG changed a great deal about the galaxy; the biggest breakthrough since the invention of the MAG drive, (among it’s other seemingly-physics-breaking uses) the CMG enabled ships to be far more thoroughly stabilized, which enabled far faster speeds to be achieved in FTL and Boost.
- INVENTION OF ARTIFICIAL GRAVITY, February 29th, 2604 – Invented by Kagan Vern in the Kingdom of Eirengard, the remote star nation developed one of the most significant pieces of technology known to man. With it, they began a massive expansion of construction, star-exploration, and colonization, entirely unbeknownst to the Intersystem Alliance, who knew almost nothing about Eirengard, other than that it had sent a Seed ship to the general space centuries before. No other star nation would possess this technology for over a century to come, by which time the Eirengardians would have it thoroughly developed and understood.
By 2737, with the improvements in MAG-drive technology, the ships of the Intersystem Alliance began to venture out to the charted destinations of the colony ships that had left over three-hundred years ago, marking the end of the Astrum Diaspora period. Their findings were astonishing. Burgeoning worlds like Pantheon, Nihonedo, Citadel, and Elysium rivaled Earth itself in their standard of living, and the Alliance quickly expanded its foothold in the galaxy by incorporating willing colonies into the Alliance government.
Of course, not all colonies were willing to accept the governance of a distant political body over a years travel away from their home. More so, other star nations had also greatly improved upon MAG-drive technology during the Diaspora period, expanding their own presence in the centuries since they had left. The Coalition of Independent Systems – a massive federation of worlds to the Alliance’s galactic south – refused to incorporate citing “no need for foreign interference.” Others met the Alliance’s olive branch with hostility, the nomads of Ishara famously sending the Alliance envoy home headless. Other nations ordered the Alliance envoys out of their space Upon discovering the Kingdom of Eirangard, the Alliance was surprised to discover their ships obsolete in comparison to horizontally-oriented ships with artificial-gravity, rather than vertically-oriented vessels. Outnumbered, the more stable, more maneuverable vessels were soon chasing the Alliance starships out of their space with continuous warning shots across their bow. Despite these setbacks, over the course of the next century the Alliance slowly began to solidify its territory, incorporating dozens of old colonies into it’s fold.
- REUNION WITH THE COLONIES, 2737 – Throughout the year, Intersystem Alliance “reunion” fleets begin negotiations with and rediscovery of human colonies throughout the stars, forming the framework for the new Intersystem Alliance.
Following the grand reunion of the human race, with small planets and colonies popping up left and right, being forced to join sides with already burgeoning empires, a grand dissemination of technology, ideas, and culture began to unfold. With great reluctance, Eirengard’s secrets of artificial-gravity became public, as did the Counter-Mass Generator. The dust of the reintroduction of easy communication and travel settled, and new alliances began to solidify and stabilize, some more violently than others.
In the wake of the technological wave, technomancy was birthed, the combination of miniturization technologies and various technological developments making for human-portable artificial-gravity projectors, electromagnetic launchers, genetic modification, and the like.
DEVELOPMENT OF TECHNOMANCY
- FIRST PUBLIC USE OF TECHNOMANCY, 2807 – The “body-modders” begin discussing methods of incorporating technologies to enable mind-controlled human-portable devices to endow themselves with “power.” Videos begin circulating displaying their successes.
- ESTABLISHMENT OF RECOGNIZED TECHNOMANCY, 2811 – The term “technomancy” is coined. Following the events culminating in the coinage, a wide-spread development of human-portable technomantic devices sweeps the galaxy.
- FIRST KNOWN USE OF MILITARIZED TECHNOMANCY, 2820 – Eirengardian Knights use gravimancy to quell a rebellious colony. Recordings are distributed throughout human-space, both validating the use of technomancy on the battlefield, and enraging other starnations at the secret technologies obviously held by the Eirengardians in gravity control, as the prowess displayed by the Knights denotes many years of training in the art.
THE NEVER WAR
- THE THRESHOLD DECLARES INDEPENDENCE, 3rd September 2891 – Feeling disenfranchised and forgotten, the group of regions now known as the Threshold declares themselves an independent, sovereign nation, beginning a cold war with the Alliance.
- THE ALLIANCE RECOGNIZES THRESHOLD SOVEREIGNTY, 7th July, 2895 – The Alliance Government finally concedes to Threshold demands, recognizing the regions as an independent nation, withdrawing military forces and allowing Threshold-born Alliance service-members to return to their homelands.
- AFTERMATH – The Never War nearly turns hot as Coalition forces press Threshold forces and dispute the new borders, funding pirates and privateers to pester the new star-nation. This backfires, pushing the Threshold to kindle friendship with the Alliance once more in hopes of procuring military equipment, if outdated, as well as open trade.
- THRESHOLD CIVIL WAR, March 2901 – December 2901 – A short, bloody rebellion fails to succeed in splitting the new Threshold into several smaller starnations.
- GAENNAI CLANS FORM AN EMPIRE, March 4th, 2902 – Do’aun Gaenna, khan of House Gaenna, gathers the khans from the most powerful houses and instills himself as the emperor of the Gaennai peoples. Without financial or military power to match House Gaenna, even combined, the houses bow to his will. The Empire of Gaennan is born.
- ALLIANCE-EMPIRE QUASI-WAR
- STRIFE OF THE LOST, November 16th, 3008 – Khan Aelan Amaat of House Amaat, with support from Khan Thumas Taamket of House Taamket, make a sudden strike upon the Imperial-owned termini world Kel-Ad and its most important military bases, beginning a civil war that will ebb and flow for more than 300 years.
- FIRST EXTRAGALACTIC MISSION, June 3274 – The bolstered Human Continuity Project finishes it’s first new exploration ship in centuries, which sets forth for the Anti-Center Shell on a ten-year mission to discover a possible location for new human settlements outside of the Milky Way Galaxy. It returns, successful, two years ahead of schedule.
THE GAENNAI GENOCIDE
- THE CULLING, April 26th, 3308 – Khan Fiika Amaat, in her frustration over the Amaati progress throughout the Gaennai Civil War (or lackthereof), orders a nuclear strike upon Kel-Ad featuring a new and powerful weapon. The strike obliterates almost all life on Kel-Ad and chokes its surface with poisonous metals to human and general organic life. Billions of Imperial Gaennai–both military and civilian–are wiped off of the face of their world in an instant, including the ruling emperor Padikhan Batan Gaenna. Without a leader, the loyalists begin a retaliatory crusade to give the rebelling houses three-times their deeds as punishment.
- END OF THE WAR, April 10th, 3310 – Three Amaati-loyalist worlds in the Gaennai Bissim Sa region—Goskhan, Idot, and Thakhet—are reduced to toxic ash with all life. Seven major space stations, too, are destroyed with intent to kill all inhabitants rather than just the military personnel. Fiika Amaat and her Taamketi and Naboni lieutenants surrender to Khan Ermaat Barsan of House Barasan, who had headed the retaliatory crusade. For bringing the centuries-long war to an end, Ermaat the Marble Throne of the Empire and earns the intense resentment of the Intersystem Alliance and those nations closely allied to it.
- SANCTIONS UPON GAENNAN, May 4th, 3310 – For the crimes against humanity and all natural life, the Intersystem Alliance enacts the economic sanctions as punishment in consonance with the Gaia Accords. The entire Western expanse of Human Space is now unreachable to the Gaennai people.
- ANTI-CENTER SHELL PASSAGE, May 3366 – The Human Continuity Project, after centuries of relative dormancy, finally found funding and political support to establish the largest singular individual-colony mission outside of the Milky-Way Galaxy to the Andromeda Galaxy, starting with a much more reasonable mission to the Anti-Center Shell, also known as the “Snickers Galaxy.” Out of the millions of volunteers that applied, roughly nine-hundred thousand individuals found themselves to be the first colonists outside of the galaxy.
- THE PERIPHERIAN LEAGUE, March 18th, 3397 – The three largest central nations of the Periphery of the Eastward Rim—Covenant of Edom, Commonwealths of New Camelot, and Empire of Gaennan—form the NATO-like League of the Periphery. Without assured military aid from the Intersystem Alliance and those in accordance with the Gaia economic sanctions, the nations are forced to band together against the Empyrean See’s swelling power. The League was signed into being at Freyakiln, New Camelot, where the governmental building would be constructed under the enormous Freya’s Tree.
- Gaennai Civil War ends in genocide
- Intersystem Alliance enacts Gaia Accords against Gaennai Empire
- Human Continuity Project begins colonial expedition to the “Snickers” galaxy
- The Peripherian League
- ANDROMEDA FLIGHT I – January 3400 – New Years Day on the turn of the 35th Century was a day for celebration for all humanity. Following the success with the Anti-Center Shell Passage, the Human Continuity Project was able to finish their Magnum Opus. The Forever Ark entered FTL flight from near Neptune, at the same relative point as it’s ancestor, the Hawking launched on the first FTL flight. Headed for the Andromeda Galaxy, to ensure that, even in the event of the destruction of the entire Milky Way Galaxy, humanity would survive.