Join us for the CoM’s 20th Fireside Chat- Saturday, February 24th! – 7:00PM EST/11:00PM London Time/GMT. Hosted on our Discord server, CoM Fireside chats are a way for you to explore the CoM universe. Part of a live discussion, you can talk directly to the creators of CoM! We’ll host everything from universe discussions to artwork discussions. Get more involved with the CoM community and join us on Discord and the forums today!
February 24th’s Topics:
- Arming Your Starship – Let’s talk shop when it comes to CoM starship weapon types and the pros and cons of each. We’ll talk the relative sizes of weapons as well to include the various missiles and torpedoes. This will include:
- Kinetics/Lasers/Plasma – Lets talk the tech behind the three major turreted weapons types and the pros and cons of each type.
- Missiles and Torpedoes – We’ll discuss some of the various missile types and how you can employ missiles to include some of the more advanced technologies you can put into your missiles (including changes coming to the shipbuilder in post 1.0 releases)
- The Courier Network – Manning your starships is still in its infancy in the shipbuilder, but we’ll talk about crews and how you can (and should) organize your teams.
- Class by Class – We’ll spend some time discussing the role of various class types in the ship builder and why you might prefer to pick more of one starship over another.
- Other – There are so many different ways communications can work in the ‘verse, and we’ll talk about all of them.
- Starship Combat Part II – We’ll go into the details about the vision of ship combat with the changes to the ship builder and space combat across the site.
- Fleet Action – Lets start with the combat between capital ships. We’ll discuss the ranges of engagements and why over-investing on axials for your capital ship is a BAD idea.
- The Lance Screen – We’ll spend some time talking about the Lance – the bane of capital ships – their role in fleet combat, and why over-investing on axials for your Lance ships ISN’T a bad idea.
- Ship to Ship Combat – We’ll dive into the details about ship to ship combat. How are weapons employed and how are they countered. How do interdictors, scramblers, and stabilizers work their way into the engagement? We’ll also discuss EWAR and role EWAR plays in ship to ships combat.
- The Role of Fighters and Bombers – We’ll talk about the advantages and the limitations of fighters and bombers and the roles they can play in combat. We’ll also talk about the various sizes of bombers and what considerations you should make when outfitting your fighters and bombers.
- Other– We’ll talk about the specializations available to you, the strengths of those types of starships, and where they might be used on the field of battle.
- CoM Shipbuilder v0.95.5 – We’ll talk about the latest version of the shipbuilder as well, spending some time discussing how we are changing things up and adding some new content as well as updates to the shipbuilder as we move towards version 1.0 and the official release.
We will add topics if there is interest in discussing things beyond what is listed above. If you have ideas for topics, make sure to post them in the Fireside Chat forum!